Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Thoughts As We Enter 2013

Cheers and Happy New Year!  In 2013, I'm doing something I've wanted to for ages--I'm starting a blog to chronicle my family's adventures.  As is typical, I'm late (tardy?) to the party.  My sister can attest--I'm always years behind the curve on anything trendy.  Example: Lost.  I actually thought it was a silly TV show for the first four seasons.  I know.  I KNOW.

But, we've recently relocated, and we'll do the same thing in a few years going much further away, so I feel like I need to start documenting what is new with our family so that our friends and relatives can all see.

With that, I am going to start a list of things I'd like to accomplish and blog about over the next year.  Here it is:

1. Visit at least five DC attractions--the National Zoo, the Natural History Museum, the Capitol, etc.

2. Read six real books--not Hop on Pop, not Disney Princess stories, not Barnyard Dance.  Real grown up ones, like Hunger Games--haha.

3. Stitch a stocking for Cate.

4. Take on a tricky house project.

5. Volunteer quarterly.

6. Teach Cate to read an entire book, and to swim independently.

7. Run a race.

8. Visit Chadds Ford, Haymarket, Salem, and the beach.

9. Create one piece of art to hang in the house.

10. Sew a set of curtains.

I hope 2013 is a year full of happiness for everyone.  Our family is looking forward to a wonderful year ahead!







No comments:

Post a Comment