Sunday, June 9, 2013

Shake Your Bon Bon

Rhett and I sometimes joke that during the day, when he's at work, I sit home, eat bon bons, and watch soap operas.  Haha--if only.

But last week I decided that I would embrace that old stay at home mom stereotype and make (what else?) bon bons!  Frugal Mama posted a recipe for these sugary treats recently so I went with that.  Before I saw the post, I actually thought bon bons were frozen and chocolate--no clue why--but these are like sugar cookie balls with a super sweet glaze and they are pretty darn tasty.  Charlotte agrees...
Back away, mama...
And here is a shot of the bon bons I made:
Anyone know what time General Hospital starts?
For anyone that makes them, I did use a little milk in the cookie dough so it wasn't so dry.  And I didn't have food coloring to make the cute colored glazes that Frugal Mama has so I added some strawberry jam.  I wish I could say I added the jam to make it healthier and avoid additives but no, I was just forgetful and it totally slipped my mind to buy food dye at the grocery store--whoops.  

Anyway, the jam made the glaze slightly pink, and I liked the taste the strawberry added.  So, any mamas out there that want to indulge in a day of TV and bon bons, try the Frugal Mama recipe :)


No comments:

Post a Comment