Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Ten Years

Today is my husband's birthday and a sort-of milestone for Rhett and me.  We have now been together for ten years.  Ten!  An entire decade.  He would joke and say "Is that all??!?"  Har har.

The first birthday gift I got him was a set of headphones.  He and I worked together in a US Senator's office and, while we did sit right next to each other, we rarely talked during work hours because he was always listening to music on his computer.  Of course, he couldn't listen to it out loud, so Rhett had to have headphones.  The ones he had looked sort of like this:

Headphones similar to Rhett's--just much more non-falling apart-ish.
The headphones were stylish in a 1987 sort of way.  So I bought him the kind that went around the back of your head and instantly he was cool.  You're welcome, dear.

Two days later we went off to the wedding of one of his college friends in Williamsburg.  After witnessing his closest buddies do things like dance with fake trees and bite each other in the groin, I decided I was smitten.

We've had a good run over the past ten years and there is no one I'd want to spend my life with than Rhett.  He is funny, sweet, hard working, smart (too smart), and the best darn dad you've ever seen.  And dreamy.

Yes, I know he'd joke that the past ten years have felt more like three times that, but the fact is, we have blinked and now we've got this:


And this:


Some of this:


This crazy pair:


And this:


Cheers to the next ten!  And happy, happy birthday, love of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment