Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Homemade Yogurt Drinks

We are new to the yogurt drink phenomenon, and have made up for lost time by consuming approximately 1,000 of those Danimals smoothies over the past three or four weeks.

Cate was at a friend's house and cleared out their supply.  She then came home and asked to get them.  I didn't know what I was getting myself into when I said "Yes, sure!"  It sounded fairly healthy and, frankly, like just the kind of no-effort snack I love to give the girls.  Me likey.

Enter the Danimals yogurt drink:
Danimals Strawberry Banana smoothies=Crack cocaine for little ones
These things single handedly thrust Charlotte into figuring out how to open the refrigerator.  Every time she would see the fridge door open, she would make a beeline and start making sounds not unlike a smoke alarm until a new yogurt drink was procured.  Once I started making sure Charlotte was out of the room before opening the fridge, she took matters into her own hands.

Soon we were plowing through the 12-pack in two days.  Rhett was remarking that the drinks were like pacifiers and I was serving them up like hotcakes to bring peace to my household.  And those suckers are expensive.  Me no likey.

Then I found out, from another mom, the very complicated recipe to make the Danimals drinks...mix strawberry yogurt and milk--slightly more yogurt than milk.  Bonus points for putting it in a Danimals bottle.  

I enacted Operation: Fool My Children and served up their favorite (homemade) yogurt drinks today.  



They were none the wiser.  Mwahahahahaha...

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I bet your version has way less sugar too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check--less sugar, hooray! The homemade version is a little less sweet, but the girls can't tell :)

      Delete