Tuesday, April 30, 2013

My Opinion, Let Me Share It

I've had a few things rolling around my head for the past couple of weeks, but have not had the opportunity to share them.  What can I say?  Other than my husband, who has been working a ton lately, my audiences consist of children under four and other moms with children under four.  We are a liiiiiittle distracted.

So, now that I have a captive audience, here we go... :)

Tip #1: Beauty Balm :: I LOVE IT! ::
Do you know about beauty balm?  Of course you do, I googled it and it has been around since the 1960's.  I'm sure it's been on the makeup market in vast supply for years and I've just missed it.  Somewhere, my sister is rolling her eyes because I'm behind on everything.  She's probably been using beauty balm since 1998.

Beauty balm, for anyone who doesn't know, is a combination of foundation, moisturizer, some sort of serum, and I'm really not sure what else--but it is fabulous.  I've used Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer on my skin for years.  It is a lovely product but there are two big problems--it is expensive and I am cheap.  I've refused to venture off to try something else because I hate, hate, HATE trying products and not liking them.  It's such a waste of money!

I tried Garnier's very reasonably priced beauty balm on a whim (it was on sale at Target so I bit the bullet) and I am now in a very serious relationship with it.

Tip #2: Chocolate Almond Butter :: I LOVE IT! ::
I read a Facebook post from Ashley about chocolate almond butter and decided to try it.  I had no idea how easy it was to make (grind up almonds in a food processor for several minutes and, once it is the consistency of coarse peanut butter, mix in melted chocolate) or that it required so few ingredients.

We have a ton of leftover almonds in our house at all times because we buy the mixed nut jar from Costco and Rhett and Cate decimate the pecans, macadamia nuts, and cashews, but leave the raw almonds and Brazil nuts for me.  Thanks guys, I'm not even that big a fan of nuts.  But this almond butter is heaven on earth.  I even toss some Brazil nuts into my almond butter and eat it on saltines because I am crazy like that.  I may or may not have had it for dinner tonight.

Tip #3: Maskcara's Blog :: I LOVE IT! ::
Are you a total makeup novice like me?  I never thought I'd be so, hmmm, pathetic(?) at makeup application in my early 30's but I am.  FACT: Most tweens are better than I am.  So I am glad I stumbled upon Maskcara's blog on Pinterest.

The girl, Cara, who writes the blog is a professional makeup artist and she is just so darn helpful.  I had never used self tanner before, had never even heard of contouring, and had zero clue you could use makeup to even out your eyebrows.  Side note: the eyebrow thing makes a HUGE difference.  I'm still a novice, but at least now I'm not a complete klutz putting makeup on.

Tip #4: QuickZip Sheet Sets :: I LOVE THEM! ::
I have told this to anyone who will listen and I was reminded of my love of the QuickZip sheet sets on amazon.com this week--they are the best baby purchase ever.  There is no other product I have constantly marveled at and wouldn't want to live without.  I've had mine for four years and they are still going strong.

The sheet sets have a top sheet that zips off of a fitted sheet so there is no hassle when you have to change a crib sheet.  Have you ever tried to get a mattress out of a crib?  It's a pain!  Charlotte had terrible allergies this week so I've had to change her sheets daily.  It took me all of two seconds to get that done--so easy!  I will be in serious mourning when I no longer have any kids in a crib.

Tip #5: Salt Water Sandals :: I LOVE THEM! ::
I read on Design Mom's blog eons ago that the only shoes you need for a kid are the following: a set of slip on sneakers (like Vans), flip flops, and church shoes.  I totally agree with her, anything else is unnecessary and don't even get me started on buying tie shoes for a child.  Don't do it!

Design Mom recommends Salt Water Sandals for summer church shoes.  We recently ordered these for both girls and we ALL love them.  We've had multiple full-on meltdowns when I have told the girls they can't wear them.  And it wasn't just the baby crying.

That's all of my tips for now--back to the chocolate almond butter I go!

2 comments:

  1. Your sister would NEVER roll her eyes! Except if it's absolutely necessary...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out! I am glad I'm not the only one who is addicted to the chocolate almond butter. :)

    ReplyDelete