Friday, February 1, 2013

Girly Girls

As if the ubiquitous pink clothing and penchant for all things glittery didn't clue me in enough, Cate's teacher let me know this week, "She is one of the girliest girls I've seen."  It's funny, because when I was younger, I somehow pictured myself as the mom of three boys.  This could not be further from reality.

Who knows how Charlotte will turn out but, I can say, for now, I think she's probably on the same course.  Charlotte's favorite activity is taking care of her baby doll.  She also treasures the pink Minnie sippy cup Cate gave her for her birthday.


On the subject of being girly, somehow Cate decided today that cheerleading is life and that she wants NEEDS to wear her dress-up cheerleading outfit all the time.  In fact, as I type this, it's nap time and Cate is in her bed clutching her blanket wearing the cheerleading outfit and a high ponytail with a big pink bow--naturally!  When she wakes up, Cate said she wants to do "handstands and twirls."



Mom of three boys--ha!  I laugh at my early twenties self for thinking that--and as the mom of two girls, I can easily say I would never have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment