Thursday, October 3, 2013

What We're Into Lately

Things have been ca-razy here lately.  Not sure why, but we feel very busy running from one thing to the next.  Maybe summer just lulled me into a sense of "I got this" when it came to managing kids and the house, but fall has come on strong to let me know I. DO. NOT.

Here's what we've been into lately:

1. This 10-Minute Exercise Routine
I have inexplicably gained ~five pounds over the last few months.  It is baffling!  I am not doing anything different.  Maybe I carry Charlotte less?  Eat extra gummy peaches?  No clue.  Anyway, lately I have been doing this exercise routine during nap times every so often and it's making me feel better.

2. I Got a Haircut!  And Color!!
For most women, this is normal.  Let's just say it had been awhile for me...
3. Charlotte Drove the Car
Not really but she did sit in the seat and say, adorably, "I driving, Mama!"  Insert melting heart here.
She did, however, finally get very good "driving" the scooter we gave her last Christmas.  

4. Consignment Sales
I volunteered at a fun one last weekend and scored this tent and two princess dolls, one Aurora and one Cinderella, similar to this one for this girls for next to nothing.  There were also some things my family members asked for and the sale had it all!  There is nothing like getting a good bargain on great kid items.

5. Imitating Aunt Liz
Cate told me the other day "I want to run like Liz!" so she proceeded to do some sprints and easy runs around the basketball court.  Even Charlotte got in on it.
6. Charlotte Knows Her Letters
File this one away under "only her parents care" but Charlotte knows all of her letters.  In August we were randomly looking at the magnet letters on the fridge when Charlotte grabbed one, took it over to me and pronounced it "J."  She was right.  I quizzed her on another.  "Umm, B!" she said, very clearly.  I asked Cate, "Did you know Charlotte knows letters??!?" and Cate said, nonchalantly, "Yeah, I taught her."  Apparently, I can kick back and let Cate do the parenting from now on.

To be clear, before August, I had not sat down with her even one time and gone through the alphabet.  I tried to sing the ABC song, but she would just run away or sing "Twinkle Twinkle" over me.  And here she is, a few months shy of 2 and she's rolling out with K, V, Y, and, my favorite to hear her say, Q.

After going through all of the letters, I realized she knew most of them.  Now that we've actually reviewed the alphabet a few times, she is almost perfect.  That dastardly U is the only one that gives her problems anymore.  Is it a W?  Or, a V?  She just can't quite nail it.

Anyway, here is a video of us doing letters from late August:
Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment