Friday, March 22, 2013

Needling Me

Now I see why it is almost impossible to buy a personalized handmade needlepoint belt.

THIS JUST IN: They take forever to make.

I started a new belt for Rhett back in January.  Granted, it does take awhile, needlepointing can be tedious, and I don't have a ton of free time, but STILL.  It takes so long.  Here is where I am after two and a half months of stitching on and off:

Oh hey Maj, how did you get in this shot?  You are such a hoverer.
I'm probably 60 percent done, not counting the month it will take to have someone put the stitching on leather.

I used to have visions of stitching custom belts for a little side job, and while I haven't totally abandoned that thought, I could maybe get through a whopping four a year.  Time to dream up a new goal...

No comments:

Post a Comment