Monday, March 11, 2013

My Husband Was Right

This past Saturday I had to do something I really dislike--admit that Rhett was right and I was totally, completely, 100 percent wrong.  Oh, the pain!

We're transitioning Charlotte from two naps to one and it has been a little rough.  She's doing ok, but is understandably fussy after waking up from her single midday nap.  This happened Saturday afternoon so Rhett suggested we take advantage of the nice weather and head down to the National Mall so the girls could get a change in scenery.

I'll say it--I thought this was a terrible idea.  Stuck in downtown DC with an unhappy little one?  No thanks.  However, I wasn't sure what to do with a fussy baby for the rest of the day so I told him ok.  I then proceeded to give him my death stare and PLENTY of heavy sighs--in the house, while getting a screaming Charlotte into the car, when we hit traffic on 66, and while we were unable to find a parking spot.

After ten minutes of circling, Rhett was exasperated and asked if I just wanted to go home.  I said that we should but offered that we could look for a spot on the way out.  Serendipitously, one appeared in the perfect location.

You know what?  We had an awesome time.

The sun felt so good and it was warm enough to take our coats off--hooray!  Rhett and Cate rode the merry-go-round first and Cate was loving it.


After that, we hit up the Museum of Natural History, a place we could have spent days in.  Our crew checked out the mammals exhibit first and Charlotte nearly got whiplash from flipping her head around so fast to look at the all of the animals.  We then headed to Cate's favorite area, the gems--that's my girl.  


After drooling over all that sparkled and grabbing some well deserved ice cream, we walked around outside.  Charlotte is becoming evermore confident and walked a good bit of the trek back to the car.  I didn't get any shots of her but Cate did request that I get a shot of her and the castle--aka the Washington Monument.  We had so much fun.


Sorry Dear, you were right.

No comments:

Post a Comment