Monday, November 11, 2013

Halloween Pics--Only 11 Days Late!

Wait, was Halloween really a week and a half ago?  Whoops--time, once again, is getting away from me.

I spent a good bit of time planning Halloween costumes.  Both girls picked their own.  Minnie Mouse was an obvious choice for Charlotte.  I got her costume from Toys R Us of all places, but they seemed to have the most "classic" dress so I went for it.

Cate's Prinecess Celestia costume was DIYed, which I though would save me some money, but I think it ended up being about double what good old Minnie Mouse cost.  I found a tutorial here and it turned out nicely.

For those who don't know, Princess Celestia is a My Little Pony.  Cate had a momentary flicker of regret over her decision, wishing instead to be Rainbow Dash, which her best buddy had picked.  When Rhett found this out he told me "I hate to pull rank but isn't Princess Celestia THE TOP pony?  Isn't Rainbow Dash one of her subjects??  This is an obvious choice."  Haha--can you tell he is the father of young girls????

Anyway, Cate quickly forgot about that because she was so excited when she saw her costume come together.  Here it is:
Crown: check, unicorn: check, multi-colored mane: check, wings: check,  cutie mark: check!
Don't know what a cutie mark is?  I didn't either.  Princess Celestia's is a sun.
Halloween night!

 And here is Minnie:
Pretty darn thrilled with life here, folks. 
Sweetness...

No comments:

Post a Comment