Friday, June 27, 2014

For Your Protection

Another of my "due dates" has come and gone, and I find myself having made absolutely no progress in the past couple of months.  Two doctors have zeroed in on one potential problem, a blood clotting issue which is a result of a genetic disease that I carry, but there is nothing conclusive and I'm in a holding pattern before I can take more tests.

I know all that sounds so boring, and, believe me, I wish I could just step away from the whole issue for awhile.  It seems I'm constantly recounting the past or aching for the future.

Randomly checking Facebook today, however, I saw a post by "Turtle Power for James Edwards."  This is a page that's been started by the friends and family of not quite two-year-old James who very nearly drowned in his family's swimming pool a couple of weeks ago.  His parents were at the hospital with James' brand new baby brother and James was under the care of a family member at the time of the incident.

James is ok but he's had a ton of problems and he is a long way from fully recovering.  The doctors have confirmed some brain damage, and they just aren't sure how things will end up.  Talk about a heart-wrenching situation.

Today James' mom, Jenna, posted about a gift she received from his aunt, a kid's devotional titled "Jesus Calling for Kids" by Sarah Young.  Jenna posted about the devotional's page for today, June 27, entitled "For Your Protection."  It really struck me.

For Your Protection
"Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul."
Psalm 143:8

Some days are long and tough.  So stop and rest with Me for awhile.  Don't worry about what's ahead.  Don't think about the past or future.  Just focus on right here and right now--with Me.

I created time to protect you.  Because I am timeless, I can see your entire life from beginning to end--all at the same time.  But I knew that you couldn't bear to see your whole life all at once.  So I created time to hide your future from you, to protect you.

You can do nothing about the past, so just let it go.  You cannot know the future so just put it aside.  Meet me here and now--in this moment of time.  Trust that I am with you watching over you wherever you go.

So I think I'm going to stay in the here and now from now on.  Here's what mine looks likes when I open up my eyes and enjoy:


No comments:

Post a Comment