Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Four

This girl is four today:

Four.  Four!  Four?!!?  FOUR!!!!!  I keep telling her to stop growing but she just won't listen.

Cate at four is a bundle of happiness, questions, energy, drama, giggles, big sister-ness, sensitivity, creativity, and joy.  She is just as happy playing make believe or doing her workbooks inside as she is running around on the playground or riding her bike outside.

Her obsession with My Little Ponies came out of nowhere several months ago, and she just can't get enough.  Pinkie Pie and Twilight Sparkle are part of everyone's (including Charlotte's!) vocabularies and even Rhett can name the ponies by their "cutie marks."  Sidenote: This was not something we could have ever predicted four years ago.

Cate could care less about sleeping or food, although she does have a love of strawberry ice cream.  She is smart as a whip and memorizes songs and books with ease.  <--- She gets this from her Dad.  Cate has blown through all of her preschool and Kindergarten workbooks and is now onto 1st grade where she's learning about time, money, seasons, etc.

A homebody at heart, Cate's best day would be all of her family members together with her at the same time.  She doesn't like to be alone.  When someone she loves isn't with her and she thinks about them, Cate asks me, "what is __________ doing right now?"  She is a sweet girl and we've loved watching her grow.

Just like last year, I polled Cate on some of her favorites and her responses are below:

Favorite Color :: Pink
Favorite Toy :: My Little Pony Wedding Castle and the sparkle ponies
Favorite Fruit :: Mango
Favorite TV Show :: My Little Pony
Favorite Movie :: Tangled
Favorite Thing to Wear :: Any pink shirt
Favorite Animal :: Cat
Favorite Song :: Round Here by Florida Georgia Line
Favorite Book :: Fancy Nancy
Best Friend :: Vivian
Favorite Snack :: My Little Pony fruit snacks
Favorite Drink :: Pink Lemonade
Favorite Breakfast :: Pancakes
Favorite Lunch :: Grilled cheese and fries at the pool
Favorite Dinner :: Noodles
Favorite Game :: UNO
Favorite Thing to do Outside :: Ride my pink bike
Favorite Holiday :: Christmas
What Do You Sleep With At Night :: Yellow Blanket
What Do You Want To Be When You Grow Up :: Seventeen

Happy 4th, Cater Tot!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! I can't believe she is FOUR!! What a gorgeous little girl she is!! Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Molly, I can't get over the fact it's been four years! And I think the same thing every time I see a picture of cute Livi--that I just can't believe how old she is. They tell you the time flies but YIKES, I was not prepared for this!

      Delete